If you choose to live a life in which you’re happy and fulfilled, you’ll learn the law of timing sooner or later.
People who don’t learn the law of timing in life spend their days and nights worrying about what might or might not happen. They waste their time trying to “make” things happen instead of realizing that things happen when they are supposed to. Not a minute sooner and not a minute later.
I believe it was the great Victor Hugo that said “There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come”. I haven’t heard truer words.
You can’t make something happen when you want it to, but you can continually refine your skill so that when your time comes, you’re ready.
This is explained well in John C. Maxwell’s classic “The 21 irrefutable Laws of Leadership”. It reads:
“When a leader makes a move, there are 4 possible outcomes:
1. The first possibility is the wrong action at the wrong time which leads to disaster.
2. The wrong action at the right time which is seen as a mistake.
3. The right action at the wrong time which brings resistance.
4. And the right action at the right time which leads to success.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. And here’s how it applies to your rap career:
1. If rap is the wrong thing for you and you do it at the wrong time, you’ll get embarrassed. Plain and simple.
2. If rap is the wrong thing for you but you do it at the right time, people will think you just messed up.
3. If rap is the right thing for you but you do it at the wrong time, you’re going to have to face repeated no’s.
4. If rap is the right thing for you and you do it at the right time, you’ll make it.
It’s really that simple.
So don’t worry about whether it’s the right time or not, you have no control over that. Just stay on it, and if this is what you do…
Your time is coming.